Viadós-west face

Viadós-west face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.66380°N / 0.44170°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: F.sup.
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is probably the most frequented route from Viadós nowadays for the mountaineers. The last meters of the ridge are exposed in a narrow ridge (without complications for mountaineers, I+) and for this reason exists another route most secure, but longer, across the col of Eriste.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Viadós.

Route Description

glacier of Llardana viewed...Glacier of Llardana

Slope: 1550m.
Time to summit: 4h 45min.
Total: 8h

We'll begin in the Granjas de Viadós (1740m) following the GR-11 in the track to ravine of Orieles. Walking near of the river Cinqueta we'll reach the bridge to cross. The path go in hard slope in zigzag reaching the forest and a little col with a grassy plateau where's the Cabaña (hut) de Clot (1880m). The path go in left side to the East. We'll walk initially in direction to peak Espadas (East) but after the exist of the forest we'll leave this direction turning to left (NE). We'll walk under the spun NW of Espadas to reach the other side. We'll follow the cairns in an area without path between the rocks to the little river of Llardana. We'll reach the other side of spun NW of Espadas with the view of the entry of the coulouir Arlaud, between Posets and Espadas, in right side. In this area generally remain the snow in a little glacier under the coulouir. To evitate the snow we'll walk in NW direction to the stones, turning after to NE to reach the spun west what descent from the north ridge of Posets. The pass to entry in the ridge north is signaled with cairns.
The ridge north is very easy in the first meters (I, use of the hands) but it's possible to walk under the edge in west face to reach the pre-summit (3365m). The last meters are a new ridge, narrow and exposed with an easy rock-climb of I or I+ but generally exist the posibility to evitate some complictions searching in East face to reach finally the summit of Posets (3375m).

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe early in the season (may-june) and the first months of winter (november).
In winter time (december-february) is possible the ski traverse but never make the route after a recent snowfall. It exist some points with risk of avalanches specially in the area of glacier of Llardana.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

PosetsRoutes