View from Black Mesa trail

View from Black Mesa trail

View from Black Mesa trail
jenniferdenoya
on Oct 5, 2004 10:13 pm
Image ID: 72526

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
jenniferdenoya

jenniferdenoya - Oct 6, 2004 5:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Black Mesa

Thanks, attm! You should stop in sometime...I mean, it's not exactly spectacular, but it's a highpoint! ;-) I don't remember it seeming like 6 miles, if that helps any! It goes fairly quickly...and the vertical gain isn't much, obviously!

jenniferdenoya

jenniferdenoya - Oct 7, 2004 10:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Black Mesa

Oh my gosh! The little windy one that goes from pavement to gravel and back again!?! It was gorgeous! So green...I thought I had taken a detour and landed in Ireland...okay, not really, but that's how I picture Ireland...There was a huge ranch along that road...I was trying to decide if the credit rating of a full time student was enough to purchase it!

hgrapid

hgrapid - Oct 6, 2004 11:18 am - Voted 10/10

This shot kicks butt

Excellent shot! Good work. It looks like you are a highpointer like me, and you did a lot of hiking in Virginia. I am forced (against my will) to do most of my hiking in Virginia.

jenniferdenoya

jenniferdenoya - Oct 6, 2004 3:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This shot kicks butt

Thanks! I have done some hiking in VA. I love that area and if all works out as planned, I shall be living in DC after I graduate...I saw my first bear in the wild in the Valley this summer! I was absolutely stoked! I am a state highpointer, which was your favorite thus far?

jenniferdenoya

jenniferdenoya - Oct 7, 2004 10:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: This shot kicks butt

I hear that Washington is the most challenging of the peaks east of the Mississippi...Have you done Katahdin yet? That one is supposedly a very spiritual experience...Can hardly wait...I'm most likely going to work in DC after graduation and look forward to bagging some of the north eastern/eastern peaks then!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5