View from the highpoint

View from the highpoint

Looking s by sw at the high ridges above N. Fk. Cottonwood Ck.
goofball
on Jun 8, 2010 9:28 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Scenery
Image ID: 628070

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2

cure1979 - Jan 13, 2011 5:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Davis Ranch :)

Thanks for the beautiful pictures of Quinn Canyon! My family owns the Davis Ranch "Cottonwood"(since 1947) and we spend a great deal of time up there year-round! My great-grandparents lived in and ran a deer hunting camp from that main cabin, and so they spent a great deal of time all over those peaks on horseback. I've never been up quite that high as the quads can't manage it and we stick to main roads and hunting tracks in the area. I've always wanted to hike up to the Devil's Backbone to get the full view of the surrounding areas though. 'Course, having nearly stepped on several gigantic rattlesnakes, and frequently spotting large mountain lion prints down near the cabin, we're all a little chicken about bushwackin' out there! Hope you got to see some foxes, antelope and mule deer on your expedition.

goofball

goofball - Jan 13, 2011 10:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Your welcome

And I am jealous. You sure have a nice place to go spend a great deal of time at ! I saw antelope in the valleys as I always do in the basin n range of Nevada, but no fox or mule deer. Are there Elk ? I miss hearing the elk bugle during rut when I used to live in Oklahoma and spent a lot of time in the Wichita Mountains. And thankfully no rattlers or mountain lion. I see enough mojave greens down south here, and big cats are scary.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2