View of the vignemale massif...

View of the vignemale massif...

View of the vignemale massif (3298m) from above the vallee d'ossoue (east side of the mountain).
Rick B
on Aug 14, 2003 3:55 am
Image ID: 25223

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
desainme

desainme - Aug 14, 2003 8:37 am - Voted 10/10

Good colors

Did you climb it?

Rick B

Rick B - Aug 14, 2003 1:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good colors

Nope.. I was actually on a cycling vacation, climbing all the tour-de-france cols.. just hiked a bit on a resting day :-)

Diego Sahagún

Diego Sahagún - Aug 15, 2003 1:55 am - Voted 8/10

Re: Good colors

rbi, I've just been in that area doing some hikes and enjoying the Pyrenees scenery. We saw many cyclers climbing Col d'Aubisque and Col de Solour. Which cols did you climb? Aubisque seemed very hard coming from the West. One of the things that I didn't like is that you have to pay the parking at Pont d'Espagne if you want to visit the Vignemale Massif. It was very warm that day and I had to meet my cousins soon, so I decided to stay in the gorge.

Rick B

Rick B - Aug 16, 2003 4:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good colors

Diego, I climbed Tourmalet both sides, Hautacam (tough one!), Aubisque and Luz Ardiden (2x). The rest of the 2 weeks I was there I spent hiking and giving my legs some rest next to the swimming pool ;-)

I don't know about Cauterets parking, but in Gavarnie they also charge you for parking. But they use the money for improving the national park, so I don't mind spending a few euros if they are put to good use.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4