Views Around Rainier - Part I

Views Around Rainier - Part I

Page Type Page Type: Album

Introduction

When looking back at my pictures of our stay at Mt. Rainier National Park in August 2009 I found many pictures that were more general and not related to the hikes I took. This album is a collection of the Tatoosh Range pictures mostly viewed from drives between Paradise and Stevens Canyon.

The Tatoosh Range is the jagged string of mountains visible from the windows of the Jackson Visitor's Center at Paradise in Rainier NP and is found near the southern boundary of the park. Climbers can scramble over a few in one day or if ambitious attempt to traverse all the peaks in a day. Even if just admired from afar they are truly a delight to the eye, a beautiful complement to Rainier's massif.




Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
imontop

imontop - Jun 16, 2010 11:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow!

The Cascades are awesome! Great pictures! I really need to get up there.

silversummit

silversummit - Jun 17, 2010 10:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Thank you - I think so too and would love to go back and hike some more!

EricChu

EricChu - Jun 18, 2010 8:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Great!

Dear Kathy, these are all such beautiful photos, and excellent photo quality! It makes me feel like going there! Looking forward to part 2 - so nice to see some more pictures from you!
All the very best to you,
Eric

silversummit

silversummit - Jun 18, 2010 9:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!

Thanks Eric. I do hope you get to visit the beautiful state of Washington someday. I will post Part II next week. All the best to you also as I watch for your latest pictures!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4