"Vista Peak" (right) and...

"Vista Peak" (right) and "Mount Solitude" (left) from the upper reaches of the barely ever visited Boulder Creek Basin. Taken July 10th, 2005.
Kane
on Jul 24, 2005 11:05 pm
Image ID: 116422

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 2, 2005 10:46 pm - Voted 10/10

I don't think that is Solitude.

Kane,

I believe the summit on the left is a hump between Solitude and Vista. Please view this panorama. I think the left summit in your photo is the summit in the panarama with the snow stripe on its right flank... to the right of Mount Solitude. Great photo.

Jon

Kane

Kane - Aug 3, 2005 8:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I don't think that is Solitude.

I know it's Solitude. Although your challenge made me really study the shots.



Your angle from Keller is throwing you off. My photo was taken almost directly north of yours. On your shot you can see a ridge dropping off the summit of Vista. That ridge is clearly visible in the center of my photo running to the left. I went ahead and posted the full version of theshot. The one I submitted was cropped big time. In the new shot you can see North Traverse on the far left. You can see where that Solitude massif ridge coonects to Keller, that will give you an idea of what angle you took your shot from. There is quite a difference.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Aug 3, 2005 9:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I don't think that is Solitude.

Kane,

Your photo convinced me that you are right. My photo still leaves me confused. The sub summit looks prominent from Keller yet isn't visable from the Upper Boulder Lake drainage? Oh well. A convoluted range to be sure.

Jon

Viewing: 1-3 of 3