Vysoka

Vysoka

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

Day One: Getting to 'Chata pod Rysami'

Popradzka KopaSitting on the summit ridge of Popradzka Kopa
Vysoka, Cesky StitVysoka and Cezky Stit seen from Popradzka Copa

We started from Popradzke Pleso ~3:15PM to get to Chata pod Rysami Refuge about 5PM. After having delicious dinner in the refuge, we decided to fool around and take a look on our next day's target. Half an hour later, everything was covered in clouds. Morning was going to be one of the most beautiful you have ever seen, you could almost feel it in the air.

Day Two: Ascending Vysoka

Chata pod Rysami - SunriseLovely sunrise, just like predicted..
Sunrise at Waha PassMore and more sun over our heads. Wonderful!

Last look behind...On the way to the summit. One last look behind to the Zabia Valley

On the way to the summit.Easy climbing section. You can see old, rusted chain laying on the rocks. It's remained from the closed trail. Nowadays great guide through the rocks for young alpinists.
Between rocksEhh, just unnesessary climbing... Well, it should have been next couloir =P. All in all view from the ridge was worth it.

On the summit of VysokaFinally we did it! That's how I felt.
View from Vysoka180 degree Panorama from the top (to the West).

Cross at VysokaView through the cross on the lower peak of Vysoka.
Vysoka s PeakMy Dad on the Top, these pictures are mostly made by him.

West face of GanekGanek seen from Vysoka
Between cloudsGeorgous view from the top.

Forget about views, more and more clouds everywhere. I've seen better weather befor. Let's get out from here. That exactly how I feel... Had to mention the night was a little bit snowy =P.


Descending VysokaDescending to Rumanova Valley
MarmotIt's not highly expactable to meet a Marmot in High Tatras. All in all, worth trying.. =P




Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Fantastic!

Great album and great shots!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1