Wah Wah Mtns HP (UT) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
aobbard

aobbard - May 24, 2021 1:10 pm Date Climbed: May 23, 2021

Easy drive, easy hike  Sucess!

Coming from West side, the road is easy-peasy up to the pull-out at 38.33542, -113.58508, which is where you should start. (Road is rougher between there and the pass.)

For a trail-less West Desert peak >9K feet, this hike is about as easy as it gets. Mellow grade, friendly footing, no talus, and easy to find an open path through the trees.

Make sure to head over to Wah Benchmark; it's an extra 10 minutes each way, the views are a little better, and the ridge-walk is the best part of the hike. Plenty of Bristlecones.

A really nice campsite nearby (need 4WD or at least Subaru) is at 38.33371, -113.60175. (Turn off main/2WD road at 38.33604, -113.60596)

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Jun 10, 2020 9:03 am Date Climbed: Jun 8, 2020

Dreary conditions  Sucess!

At the main road's saddle there is a fence. On the west side of the fence is a crappy road that leads up. Drove that road a short distance until a large tree blocked the way. Camped there and was surprised by snow on the tent in the morning. Started at 6:20am in light snow and fog and followed the ridge to the top.

scgrant

scgrant - May 29, 2014 10:31 pm Date Climbed: May 16, 2014

Wah Wah HP  Sucess!

Did Indian Peak first and then this later in the day. The two just make sense to do together since they are both off of the same turnoff off of Highway 21. I followed Ken Jones driving description, on peakbagger, to where I parked and then just headed uphill. Pretty nondescript route up, but the views from the top are pretty awesome. I also did Wah Benchmark.

Dean

Dean - Sep 28, 2008 10:46 pm Date Climbed: Sep 21, 2008

Cross country route  Sucess!

What a way to start autumn. The route I chose ended up being a zig zag affair as I dodged scrubby trees and was very glad to have GPS'd the summit so I knew where I was heading. It was a hot day, in the 80's which made me glad I took extra water. The summit was nothing special but there was a register and comments that others had experienced similar conditions. Maybe ten or twelve signatures in 18 years in the register. I was the first in well over two years to sign in.

UPDATE: See in the route section but I did this again with Dennis Poulin on 4-14-16

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Wah Wah Mtns HP (UT)' main page