Wastach Winter

Wastach Winter

Sunday, February 10th, 2008. After a relentless run of winter storms that dumped 467" of pure Utah coldsmoke at Alta Ski Resort (far below in left of photo), a high pressure system moves over the Wasatch. The sun shines. It's my wife's birthday, so we do laps into Silver Fork (tracks in photo off of close ridge). The exact spot of this photo is at the top of the Honeycomb Cliffs, looking west down Little Cottonwood Canyon. Several notable Wasatch peaks are visible in this photo: Mt. Superior and Monte Cristo are prominent center-right in photo, the Pfeifferhorn is the pointy peak in the far left, you can also see Lone Peak and parts of the Stanisbury Range across Salt Lake City to the west.
Ed F
on Feb 11, 2008 8:16 pm
Image Type(s): Skiing,  Scenery,  Panorama
Image ID: 380301

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Ed F

Ed F - Jul 30, 2008 10:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I've come back to this one several times.

Thanks! Last winter was pretty special here.

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Dec 27, 2009 7:12 pm - Voted 10/10

I love this.....

I love this area. You captured Silver Fork's terrain well. Very clear and very beautiful. That is a veiw that I never seem to tire of. Thanks for sharing the moment with us.

Ed F

Ed F - Jan 29, 2010 12:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I love this.....

Thanks. Yeah - the top of the Honeycomb Cliffs is a really amazing view.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3