Weaver Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

CMStinson - Oct 27, 2020 7:49 am Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2020

weedy bushwhack... then the trail  Sucess!

I decided to tag Weaver after climbing Hightop earlier in the day. I wasn't sure about parking at Pinefield Gap (which I later learned would have been OK), so I parked at Loft Mountain Overlook and bushwhacked up to intersect the AT at the "elbow" in the trail not far south of the summit. The bushwhack wasn't much fun, though it's completely doable... just lots of coralberry and other weedy growth. Note that the true summit is not quite on the AT and take a little bit of a bushwhack to reach.

hightinerary

hightinerary - Oct 10, 2015 6:54 am Date Climbed: Oct 9, 2015

Weaver Fever  Sucess!

It was one of the few peaks in Shenandoah National Park that I hadn't climbed yet, so I had to do it.

CheesySciFi

CheesySciFi - Apr 18, 2009 10:06 pm Date Climbed: Feb 18, 2009

Hiked up Beldor Fire Road  Sucess!

I hiked up to Weaver Mountain from the park boundary with a friend. We went up the Beldor Fire Road to Skyline Drive, and then took the AT the rest of the way up.

AirborneBuff

AirborneBuff - May 11, 2007 5:14 pm Date Climbed: May 7, 2007

Route Taken: AT from Rockfish Gap  Sucess!

Hiked from Rockfish Gap as part of a 5 day hike on the AT through SNP.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jun 28, 2006 6:41 pm Date Climbed: Apr 15, 2006

Only Weaver  Sucess!

I summitted Weaver before failing to find a route to nearby Flattop Mountain. All in all, I got a lot of hiking in, but only bagged one summit that day.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Weaver Mountain' main page