Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Nov 9, 2007 5:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow!

Enjoyed reading your report-sounded like a cold, wet, adrenaline filled day. Hope your frostbite resolved without residual effect.

AJones

AJones - Nov 9, 2007 9:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Thanks. We both lost the whole nail on our big toes. It was more comical than anything else, because by the time the bad boys decided to fall off, it was rock climbing season, and we both were suffering in our climbing shoes with raw big toes. By the way, nothing uglier than a big toe nail growing back.

pvalchev

pvalchev - Jan 8, 2009 1:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Is this

the center line on the Lower Wall? I was up there last week and bailed from the large cave in the middle as the ice was unconsolidated and falling apart on the crux pillar.. just curious if this is the same line (it looked very different in pictures)

AJones

AJones - Jan 13, 2009 11:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Is this

The climb we did that day was just right of centre - it was the steeepest, longest line on the wall, but I don't think it gets climbed that often - most people climb either to the right of it (Right Hand) or to the left of it (Centre). Essentially you belay about 5-10 metres from the cave - and then more or less climb straight up. Of course it forms different every year, so it could be quite different this year.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Weeping on the Weeping Wall' main page