West Bond Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
nartreb

nartreb - Oct 22, 2008 9:54 am - Voted 10/10

name

I've never heard of this peak being referred to as "West Bond Mountain". It's a sub-peak of Mt Bond; to the extent that it has a name (and that's probably only because of the AMC NH48 list), it's "Mount Bond, West Peak", or "West Bond" for short.

Flanders

Flanders - Oct 22, 2008 12:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: name

Duly noted and changed to West Bond.

Thanks.

nartreb

nartreb - Oct 22, 2008 2:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: name

thanks, you missed a reference to "West Bond Mountain" in the opening paragraph.

Also you made this page a parent of a couple of ranges (I fixed those since I own the range pages) and of the northeast 115 list; it should be a child.

One more correction:
"West Bond also provides phenominal [sic] views of South Twin, Owls Head, Galehead, and the entire western flank of the Franconia Ridge's major peaks."

From West Bond you'd be seeing the eastern side of Franconia Ridge.

Flanders

Flanders - Oct 22, 2008 8:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: name

Ugh - so nitpicky! LOL

I must have really screwed up when I selected the parent/child relationships. I "checked" child on the options list but having not done it before I am guessing I should have selected parent. As for the west/east flank thing I was typing this around midnight last night and was thinking "you see the range while looking west..."

Thanks again for the feedback - much appreciated in ensuring my page isn't full of mistakes.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Oct 23, 2008 3:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Good page, sir.

Liked it. Is that link to Bondcliff supposed to say "LINK Bondcliff"? Anyway, I'll work on getting the photos on this one. Such a cool area.
(By the way, I screw up that parent/child thing every time.)

Flanders

Flanders - Oct 23, 2008 10:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good page, sir.

I removed the "LINK". Looking forward to the photos and the trip report.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Oct 24, 2008 12:52 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Good page, sir.

Photos are up and nartreb put two up too.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'West Bond' main page