"West Clover Mountain" Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Aug 19, 2012 2:23 pm Date Climbed: Aug 18, 2012

Grand Tour + 1  Sucess!

Started from the West Fork TH and traversed the ridge from south to north, going over West Clover, 12127, North Cleve, and Fox peaks and then went back via the trail. There were a lot more boulders and a lot less tundra than I had hoped for. Great view of all the 13ers between South Emmons and Gilbert.

jhardink

jhardink - Jun 12, 2012 5:12 pm Date Climbed: Aug 20, 2009

Clover to Fox  Sucess!

Climbed from Clover to Fox Peak, including a drop off the ridge for 11,839 (that hurt!). I had just read the story on the death of Mike Turner up in the Wind Rivers, which made a day on loose talus and boulder fields in a remote location an incredibly anxious experience.

Scott

Scott - Jan 18, 2005 5:19 pm

West Clover  Sucess!

I climbed this peak in late June 1992 as part of my quest to knock off all the 12'ers in the Uintas (102 of them), but I never quite finished before moving to Colorado. I had hoped to write a guidebook on the all peaks in the Uintas, but will probably never finish it, so I'll post the info here on Summitpost. I did write the Western Uinta Backcountry Guide covering the western section of the Uintas, but probably wont finish the one covering the entire range.



Photos were actually taken from an August 1995 trip to the Upper Uinta River drainage and some of the peaks there, not on the climb of the three featured peaks.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to '"West Clover Mountain"' main page