West Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.78000°N / 8.43000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Snow Hike/Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The west ridge is approached from the Klein Titlis, which is reached by the gondola or the trails. The hike itself is quite easy, and can be done at a leisurely pace.

Route Description


From the station at the Klein Titlis, head due west, towards the summit. You'll see a ski lift on the left, down a small hill. Directly ahead is the beginning of the ridge. There are two options: hike up the snow field, or scramble up the rocks on the actual ridge. Both ways will bring you to a small summit plateau, whcih the summit is easily accessable by scrambing up the rocks to the large tri-pod at the summit. The south face drops off to the south, down to the Sustenpass, and then up again to the Sustenhorn, which dominates the view to the south. Just about the whole country of Switzerland is visible from the summit.

Essential Gear


In the summer, a wind-breaker and good boots would do well. Winter climbs from Engelberg would include crampons and ice axes, however, normal ski attire is fine if you are just hiking to the summit from the Klein Titlis.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TitlisRoutes