Viewing: 1-6 of 6
brendon

brendon - Feb 10, 2007 8:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice list

Hope I helped a bit.

How are the White Clouds defined as a range? Are Bowery Peak and Sheep Mountain considered part of the Salmon River Mts?

Super Dave

Super Dave - Feb 10, 2007 10:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice list

Thanks Brendon, and thanks for the help. Your Idaho’s Highest Peaks list set's the standard in my opinion.

The White Clouds are defined by the main Salmon River on the west and north, and by the East Fork Salmon River to the east. The south is less distinctive, but the boundary follows the west branch of the East Fork Salmon to Grand Prize Gulch, to Pole Creek, which drains into main Salmon near its headwaters. That squiggly line separates the White Clouds from the Boulder Mountains. I think most would consider Bowery Peak and Sheep Mountain part of the Boulders. Top Lopez calls that ridge "The Sheep Divide", and I've also heard them referred to as "The Boweries".

Thanks again, Dave

Dean

Dean - Feb 15, 2007 6:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice presentation

The pics are all outstanding. Enjoyable stuff.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Feb 15, 2007 11:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice presentation

Thanks Dean. I'll work on getting some county lines re-drawn to give you a good reason to visit the White Clouds. There is one P4K peak in the range that is well worth the effort too...

Dean

Dean - Feb 16, 2007 12:41 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice presentation

What is the name of the p4k? I'm chasing those too. :-) That'll be reason enough to visit the White Clouds.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Feb 16, 2007 4:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice presentation

I don't want to give away its identity too easily, but here's a hint: The name of the peak starts with "C" and ends with "astle".

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'White Cloud Peak List' main page