White Horse Mountain (NV) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Jan 10, 2021 9:33 am Date Climbed: Jan 9, 2021

White Horse  Sucess!

On a day predicted to be mostly sunny with no precip, the peak was totally socked in in the morning. I saved it for the afternoon when it was merely cloudy with constant flurries. A bit of snow on the ground, but not too bad since most of the route has a southish exposure. I had no problem driving to the start. I went out the way Dean suggested, but I took the road on the east side of the range on the way in and found it pretty good, even with a few inches of snow.

scgrant

scgrant - Mar 27, 2015 12:03 am Date Climbed: Mar 15, 2015

White Horse  Sucess!

I followed Deans driving and route directions as stated on this page. Great route. Did this one along with Dolly Varden Mountains HP today.

Dean

Dean - Jun 6, 2012 3:54 pm Date Climbed: May 27, 2012

Nice hike  Sucess!

We had hoped to do Cherry Creek BM peak on this day but a weather system had left a lot of snow on the upper slopes so we decided to save it for another day. White Horse turned out to be a very nice hike and we had an enjoyable morning hiking to its rarely visited summit. The register only had just a few other signatures over the past 6 or 7 years. Interestingly enough, one of those had visited the peak just three days before Ken Jones and I.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'White Horse Mountain (NV)' main page