Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 3, 2006 4:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice...

Thx Peter!

EManBevHills

EManBevHills - Nov 3, 2006 1:41 pm - Hasn't voted

That'l learn ya!

Hey, Bruno.
No wonder it took you a while to put this together -- you didn't want to re-live the adventure!
Nice job on the TR, BTW. Great pic of the storm breaking up,too!

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 3, 2006 4:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: That'l learn ya!

No kidding! Thx for the comment Eman!

Kerstin

Kerstin - Nov 3, 2006 3:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Ugh!

I've always wondered what would happen if I had car trouble on that road. Now I know. I think I'll bring two spare tires if I ever hike White Mountain again!

What a day!

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 3, 2006 4:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ugh!

...or just get off-road tires. Apparently, GM's stock tires are pretty crappy we later found out... Thx for reading!

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Nov 8, 2006 6:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Good Story Telling

The moral seems to be: if you think things can't get worse, think again. Always got to be prepared for life to throw you some curves.

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 8, 2006 10:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Story Telling

Thx! And always when you expect it the least :)

rice

rice - Nov 8, 2006 9:01 pm - Hasn't voted

WELCOME TO FLAT TIRE CLUB

RAN INTO SIMILAR PROBLEM ON THAT ROAD. THEN WE GOT STUCK IN BISHOP BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE OUR TIRE SIZE.

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 8, 2006 10:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: WELCOME TO FLAT TIRE CLUB


Crazy! And it looks like such a smooth road...

kngalaric

kngalaric - Nov 9, 2006 4:27 am - Voted 10/10

You go too easy on the room situation

It would have been a smooth road had we taken my Toyota.

Yeah, and call it logic if you want, your lazy ass just wanted to kick it in the car. ;-)

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 9, 2006 4:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You go too easy on the room situation


You betcha ;-)! I guess it's either off-road tires or a slooow drive.

shknbke

shknbke - Nov 9, 2006 5:53 am - Hasn't voted

glad you made it!

Glad you, your fiancee, and friends made it out Bruno! Looking forward to hiking with you on Baldy in a month.

Kevin

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 9, 2006 6:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: glad you made it!

Thx! Sure thing Kevin! I've got the date reserved! Looking forward to it!

spinnerallen

spinnerallen - Nov 9, 2006 8:48 am - Hasn't voted

Deja Vu

I had almost exactly the same thing happen to me down in Death Valley, at the trailhead of Marble Mountain. Limped 6 miles down a gravel road on the rim before I could call AAA, and they wouldn't offer assistance until you are back on a paved road. Lukily, it wasn;t the Film Festval Weekend (for the record, the Lone Pine Film Festival is always the first weekend in October. You should always plan around it, just like Mule Days in Bishop.)
It's like the old man says, "All great adventures begin and end in the dark."

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 10, 2006 5:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Deja Vu


It's one of those things you don't always think about and of course it happens when least expected!

forjan

forjan - Nov 10, 2006 2:02 am - Hasn't voted

Up high, things change quickly...

It just goes to show ya how quickly things change. I mountain biked White Mtn a day earlier (Fri. Oct 6th, 2006). You'll get it next time.
--Miguel Forjan

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 10, 2006 5:54 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Up high, things change quickly...


I never have very much luck with mountains and weather; ironically enough Shasta seemed to be an exception.

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Nov 11, 2006 8:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Stupid

Good thing you know everything and always carry two spare tires in your truck. Judging people without knowing them is a risky thing my friend... If you have any more 'constructive' feedback, I'd be happy to explain you a few things in private.

Too bad natural selection doesn't take care of know-it-all jackasses...

kngalaric

kngalaric - Nov 11, 2006 11:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Stupid

Let's see dingleberry, I've only lived right by the White Mountains, and have been up there too many times to count. Welcome again to a new pompous member who thinks he knows everything.

I've never had a problem in any of my vehicles, let alone two flat tires simultaneously. What are the odds of that, you sh*theel? Did we need SAR? I don't think so.

Can you read moron, or do you have trouble since you amputated your penis and ate it for sustenance on one of your rescues?

Did you read? We turned around when things got sketchy. Oh I forgot, you used to scan with your penis to read , because your fingers were always jammed up your arse and nose. Now, it is impossible for you to be able to read.

What an a-hole you are!

I doubt you quit search and rescue, you probably got too fat, and everyone couldn't stand you so they kicked you off the all volunteer team. Why don't you do us a favor and go get lost in the woods?

That's rhetorical, dickless.

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Return to 'White Mountain Peak: From leisurely 14er to Doom's day' main page