Wild Berries

Wild Berries

Page Type Page Type: Album

Wild Berries

This goal of this album is to be the most delicious on SP :)
It is dedicated to forest fruits and all wild berries. Those we pick and eat as we hike in mountains !
Unique albums for each specie would have been to small so feel free to throw raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, huckleberries, even wild strawberries (but not those from supermarket !). And so on...

Note : In order to avoid being redundant with the other albums "wild edibles" and "fruits in mountains", the criteria here are edible fruits, small and not growing in trees. Roughly the ingredients of "fruits of the forest" flavored jams...

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
nartreb

nartreb - Aug 30, 2011 3:51 pm - Hasn't voted

edible berries only?

I removed my photo of bluebead lily (Clintonia), but there's another one in this album by somebody else. And I won't attach my scootberry photo either.

visentin

visentin - Aug 31, 2011 2:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: edible berries only?

Thanks for your additions. However there is already another album "fruits of the mountains" and yours "wild edibles", and I don't want this one to be too redundant. Basically my idea was to gather all these red fruits of the forest we pick on the ground and eat during a hike. What we usually find in jams with "fruits of the forest" flavour. I hope you don't mind but I removed the rowan. I'm hesitating to keep the Bunchberry too however the salmonberry seems ok.
Let's say the criterias are edible fruits, small, and not growing in trees.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2