Wildspitze

Wildspitze

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

Introduction

In 2006 on the 19th of August, my father, a friend of mine and me started our tour to the second highest point of Austria. We do not have much experience in technical alpine climbing as we all grew up on the Great Hungarian Plain. But everyone knows the feeling of getting higher and higher...so we climbed Wildspitze with the help of God!

Wildspitze from south

These pictures were made on the 15th of August in 2006 before our attempt on Wildspitze from the route to Ramoljoch (3186m).

WildspitzeView from Ramoljoch (3186m)
WildspitzeFrom the route to Ramoljoch (3186m)
Above Vent...Wildspitze and Wildes Mannle (3019m)
WildspitzeWildspitze and Wildes Mannle (3019m)
WildspitzeFrom the route to Ramoljoch (3186m)
WildspitzeFrom east /the route to Wildes Mannle/

WildspitzeFrom the route to Kreuzspitze (3457m)

From the route to KreuzsitzeFrom the route to Kreuzspitze


View from Mitterkarjoch

We climbed up Mitterkarferner on the route which takes you to the beggining of the glacier on the west side of Wildspitze. When we reached Mitterkarjoch (3468m) we saw an incredible view northwest-north-northeast. As you can see it on the pictures it looked like a sandwich: glacier-mountains-clouds.
I couldn't help myself and I shouted in hungarian how wonderful it was. A german man looked back and although he could not understand what I shouted his smile told me, he knew...without words. Everyone was smiling...on the beauty of nature.

MitterkarjochNorth view
MitterkarjochNortheast
MitterkarjochNorthwest
MitterkarjochLooking north
MitterkarjochNorthwest
View from MitterkarjochLooking northwest

North viewNorth



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Jun 13, 2007 11:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice album...

and Congratulations on your success!!

dalton1

dalton1 - Jun 14, 2007 2:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice album...

Thanks! Your pictures are wonderful!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.