Windy Point. In Search of Lost Winter in Tatras

Windy Point. In Search of Lost Winter in Tatras

Page Type Page Type: Album

Windy Point. In Search of Lost Winter in Tatras.

One simply couldn't predict such weather anomalies this season. Winter hardly winter-like in mid-January in southern Poland, skis standing useless in the corner of the room started to make me feel a bit frustrated as I rather expected something more... Missing real winter I was even more eager to go to Tatras last weekend where I was supposed to meet my old friend, long time not seen. Having some great time at Five Polish Lakes hut. Lots of travel memories to share from the passed year, emptying bottles till late evening... Idyllic winter finally found in the valley. To make the day and our meeting complete with the sun breaking through low clouds we took a hike to Kozi Wierch peak reaching the windy, summit ridge in scenery of fiery sunset with golden clouds running through brilliantly lightened High and Western Tatra ridges under our feet, closer and further on the horizon...

Pure enchantment and admiration of the moment till the very last sunset lights went out.

My companion on the trip was an old friend of mine and brand new Summitposter: Jakub aka Bidean nam Bian.

Selection of pics from last weekend's Kozi Wierch & Five Polish Lakes events, plus late January in Javorina area here for your enjoyment.

High Tatras of Poland, 25/26th January 2014.



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Feb 6, 2014 4:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Great stuff!

Beautiful pics, indeed! And gorgeous mountains! I've never visited the Tatra.
Cheers, Silvia

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Feb 7, 2014 12:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great stuff!

Feel always invited Silvia, Tatras are waiting for you! Grazie, Tomek

Viewing: 1-2 of 2