Viewing: 1-4 of 4
vvujisic

vvujisic - Oct 25, 2005 6:27 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Peak as this one deserve better page than this now. You must add more information and more few photos. This two photos looks great, but please try to add just more few. If you don't have photo of this peak, maybe your good friend have and you can use it with his permission. Also, you can put the number of one good photo of this mountain in Edit Section as Signature ID photo and this photo will stay on right side from title of this page, on the top of the page. Look Some Basic HTML, where you can find many useful information how to make a links, bolding text, put big photo on first page, put the thumbnails (small link photos),...I give you 4 stars like support of your present and future work on this page. I wish to you good work on this and your future pages!

Greetings,

Vlado

William Marler

William Marler - Oct 25, 2005 10:04 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Basically a good page. But the comments below are good ones. Add a route if possible Cheers William

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 25, 2005 4:59 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Good basic info but a bit shortish. I have to disagree with Vlado about the pictures since I know that finally some will come up. I would like to have more of a route description. I looked up the mountain in the Alpenvereinsführer of the German Alpine Club and there the route info is as scarce as what you offer here. It would be real cool to have better info in case that I'll visit the area next year.



You can also add:



Map:

Stubaier Alpen

Kompass WK83

1:50000

ISBN: 3-85491-092-1



Books:

Stubaier Alpen

W. Klier

Alpenvereinsführer

Rother Verlag

ISBN: 3-7633-1271-4



Stubai - Wipptal

W. Klier

Rother Verlag

ISBN: 3-7633-4172-2



Ötztal

H. & W. Klier

Rother Verlag

ISBN: 3-7633-4094-7



The last two don't include Winnebacher Weißkogel but have hikes in the area.

DHantke - Nov 4, 2005 4:47 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

The Tour to the Winnebacher Weisskogel is a very well-known Winter-Skiing trip. It is also not very much frequented by avalanches as the normal path is on the east side of the mountain and secluded from the sun. The normal way in winter is from the Winnebach Pass ascending the east glacier in a right bow. The normal summer way is on the east ridge by an easy climb (I) on rock and snow. You always walk directly at the ridge. It is a very nice climb in early summer when snow is left on the ridge and the rock is mainly solid. The top is surprisingly flat and usually covered by snow. There is a good map 1:25 000 from the Alpenvereinskarte Austria "Stubaier Alpen" - Sellrain. The view from the top is quite nice.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Winnebacher Weißkogel' main page