Winter in the Presolana Valle dell’Ombra,

Winter in the Presolana Valle dell’Ombra,

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.94911°N / 10.05426°E
Additional Information Route Type: Skiing
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Valle dell’Ombra, Shade valley, is a good place for mountaineering skiing or snow-shoe hiking activities.
His position between the south face of Presolana peak and north face of Corzene peak, let the valley in shade for great part of the day. So, snow is good for activities for a long time and his not great steepness, make this valley a secure place for winter activities, in a wonderful alpine surrounding.

Getting There

Motorway A4 Torino Venezia, until Bergamo gate. Then follow for Seriana Valley, Clusone, Passo della Presolana until Hotel Spampatti, where you can find good parking conditions.

Route Description

Valle dell Ombra
The path start from hotel Spampatti until Malga Cassinelli. m.1568. From here you’re free to choice your way, until you reach the Pozzera Pass, m. 2126.
If you take the right side, you’re near the Presolana face. On left, you’re under the precipitous wall of Corzene Peak.
Climbing until Pozzera Pass, you can reach the Città di Clusone bivouac, m. 2085, a good restore place befor the Pozzera Pass, an half our after. From Pozzera pass you can return or, if you're a great skyer, climb the Corzene Peak an then pass by his beautiful gullies.

Essential Gear

Winter equipment.

Books Informations

Città di Clusone bivouac
Bibliography Scialpinismo nelle Orobie: 80 itinerari - CAI Bergamo - Ed. BOLIS

weather conditions

You can find all the needed informations on the orobian site www.orobiemeteo.com

Maps

Kompass 1:50.000 n. 104 "Foppolo, Valle Seriana";
Alta Val seriana - Val di Scalve editore Canova, Clusone 1:40.000;
Sentieri e rifugi - Comunità Montana Valle Seriana Superiore.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.