Wolf Rock Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
gimpilator

gimpilator - Apr 8, 2015 4:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Ranger District

The phone number listed for the Blue River Ranger District as well as the website listed are both no longer current. Furthermore, I can't seem to find any alternative source for updated conditions.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 8, 2015 11:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ranger District

Thanks for the heads-up. Appears the Blue River Ranger District is no longer. I found something about their buildings up for sale and according to the Willamette National Forest website, this area is now managed under the Mackenzie River Ranger District. I've updated the page and provided a link. Thanks!
Brian

gimpilator

gimpilator - Apr 15, 2015 2:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Ranger District

Nice work on the updates. Thanks! Looks like the climbsworegon site is gone too.
-Adam

cliffclimber99 - May 21, 2021 10:46 am - Hasn't voted

Falcon Nesting Closures

I called the McKenzie river ranger district earlier this week about there being seasonal closures for falcon nesting. They got back to me today saying they are unaware of any nests on the east face of Wolf Rock and that there are no seasonal closures in place at this time. They did say to let them know if we get dive bombed, since that would indicate the presence of a nest. Additionally, this doesn't mean that seasonal closures will not be present in the future.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - May 22, 2021 1:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Falcon Nesting Closures

Thanks, updated the page.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Wolf Rock' main page