SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Climbing Agrihan Mountain in Northern Marianas


Posted by clintkaul on Dec 20, 2018
Page Views: 223

Activity Details

Dates: May 15, 2019 through Jun 30, 2019
Location: Northern Mariana Islands
City or Place: Agrihan
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Hello,

In 2018, a team of 12 climbers was finally successful in summiting Agrihan (Agrigan) - the highest point in the Northern Marianas and all of Micronesia.

Clint and Tony (two members from 2018) are organizing a return trip for other highpointers or adventure travelers. We are looking at a 2 week (1 week on Agrihan) trip in the mid-May to end-June, 2019 time frame. If there is strong demand there may be shorter "retrieval" trips as well.

Agrihan is located some 200 nautical miles north of Saipan. Consequently it is non-trivial to reach, and we found the summit may take some work to obtain - including lots of machete work. We are in the process of receiving authorization from the mayor's office to land on Agrihan. We have also selected a ship to take us there in the May/June time frame.

We are posting to see if others would be interested in joining this adventure. Since the island requires renting a ship and authorization to visit, this is a unique opportunity to travel there and share the costs. If interested please reply to this post or send an email to clintkaul at gmail dot com.

Thank you, Clint and Tony

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."   --Douglas Adams   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.