Welcome! By using the SummitPost ("SP") website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service").
1. Copyright PolicyNo copyrighted material may be uploaded to SP without the permission of the copyright owner. This includes images, text, and all other types of intellectual property ("Content"). SP members are responsible for obtaining the necessary permission before posting any copyrighted material. If permission is granted by the copyright owner, the SP member must credit the owner with a link or some other appropriate type of reference.
No material or content may be reproduced from this website and used on other websites, or for personal or financial gain, without the express permission of its owner.
2. Reporting Copyright ViolationsSP respects intellectual property rights and is committed to removing unauthorized material when it is discovered. If you believe that any of your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the SP webmaster and the infringing SP member with the following information:
3. Grant of LicenseSP claims NO ownership of any Content submitted, posted or displayed by SP members. SP members or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content. By posting Content to SP, you grant SP a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, and otherwise use, with or without attribution such Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting SP. SP reserves the right to syndicate Content submitted, posted or displayed by you and use that Content in connection with any of the services offered by SP. This license terminates when such Content is deleted from SP.
4. Editorial ControlSP staff maintains the right to perform edits on your submitted Content for the purpose of correcting factual errors, removing copyright violations, and changing or deleting any Content that is otherwise in violation of SP policies.
The SP website consists of "objects" (eg Mountains, Albums, Articles, Lists) contributed by members. Each "object" in SP has at least one "maintainer" - a person authorized to make edits to the object. You become the initial maintainer of objects you contribute. As maintainer, you are expected to ensure that the information provided for your object is useful, complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
You acknowledge that objects you contribute may be deleted or transferred to another maintainer in accordance with SP policies. You agree that in the event of a transfer, the new maintainer may modify material which you have contributed.
When you make contributions to an existing object, you are authorizing that object's maintainer (and future maintainers) to incorporate, modify, or reject your contribution as he or she sees fit.
You retain your copyright in your contributions, subject only to the editorial controls described here.
5. Responsibility and LiabilitySP does not guarantee the accuracy or quality of any posted Content. Under no circumstances shall SP be liable for any Content, including, but not limited to, the subject matter of any Content, any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss, injury, or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content available on SP.
6. Appropriate ConductYou understand that by using SP, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and Content while using SP and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use SP only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms of Service and any applicable policies or guidelines. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using SP, you will not: