SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Cordillera Blanca July-August 2013

Posted by glachap on Feb 14, 2013
Page Views: 343

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
City or Place: Huaraz
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Would like to fine partner(s) to hit some of the classic 5000 to 6000m of cordillera blanca.
Start with non-technical summit (Pisco, Chopi, Urus) and see from there.
I speak french and little spanish.
Fit and easygoing. Been to Peru last year.
Gimmy a shout.

Comments

AndyJB444CB Partner

AndyJB444

Whats up man, I'll be climbing down in Huaraz from July 27-Aug. 18 and looking to do some similar climbs. If all goes well with the lower stuff I wouldn't mind giving a go on Huascaran or other D+-rated climbs.

Cheers,
Andy
Posted Feb 15, 2013 12:58 pm

jvonruedensounds good

jvonrueden

I'd be interested. Three climbs I'd be very interested in are Chopi, Huascaron, and Alpamayo.

My Spanish is pretty good, I can get by easily.
Posted Feb 19, 2013 5:26 am

logikalCB

logikal

Hi,
I would def. be interested in hearing more about your plans. I may potentially be available for a 3 week period and am interested in several of the peaks you mentioned in the post. Shoot me a PM if you are still looking for partners.

-Matt
Posted Feb 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Jakob adventure spirit?

Jakob

Hi everybody,

I would be in for some trips as well.
I have one month (July) planed for the cordilliera and if the weather is not too bed in Chile before I should arrive already acclimatized. The Alpamayo sounds great, the Huascaron pretty good as well. But more than that I would be interested in some less travelled (new??) ruts if we can find some.

Speaking Spanish German and English, quite some experience, but I have to do some ice training again.

hoping to hear from you

Jakob
Posted Mar 2, 2013 3:40 pm

CissaAug-Sept

Cissa

Hi all, also planning Cordillera Blanca. Will have a month. I´m considering Yanapacha, Chopicalqui, and then something on the lines of Alpamayo, or better yet Artesonraju. Looking mostly into technical, unknown peaks. I speak english, portuguese and spanish, been to Peru before as well.
Planning on staying for 4 weeks but have flexibility with dates.
Posted Mar 12, 2013 4:26 pm

cityg7CB

cityg7

Hi all,
Would be psyched to find others to climb peaks in Cordillera. My background is technical rock & ice but getting older and doing less technical. Like to take time, do it right with acclimation & good weather window. Up for the easier peaks and also moderate technical peaks. Lesser known peaks are great.
Have not been to Peru but climbed in Patagonia. English & small amount of Spanish.
Flexible on dates but prefer July to early Aug as that looks like typical best weather. 4-6 wks available.
Posted Apr 7, 2013 5:04 pm

Don't have an account? Register now.

"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, which is the most horrible thing in the world."   --Oscar Wilde on Absinthe

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.