SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Devil's Tower. Long weekend trip in Sept.


Matt Stockinger

Posted by Matt Stockinger on Jul 17, 2007
Page Views: 500

Activity Details

Dates: Sep 13, 2007 through Oct 2, 2007
Location: Wyoming, United States
City or Place: Devils Tower National Monument
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Need Partners

Description

Howdy-

I'm looking for a partner (or two or three?) to join me for two to four days of climbing at Devil's Tower in Wyoming. This would be a long weekend some time in Sept.--like the weekend of the 15th, the 22nd, or the 29th.

I'll be driving from Minnesota, so I'll be happy to hook up with anyone between here and there, or anyone willing to meet there!

I have about five years' experience on long trad routes and alpine rock. This has been in the BC Coast Mountains and the Bugaboos, mostly. I've never been to Devil's Tower, so I plan to keep it pretty easy-going and climb a 5.7 on the first day. You probably won't catch me leading anything harder than 5.9, but I'll be happy to second a ten if you'd like to up the ante. If you're less experienced, I'll be happy to take a seconder, too.

Send me message if you're interested and if you haven't done much or any multi-pitch rock, please don't be offended if I ask about your history and experience.

Thanks!
-Matt

Comments

Post a Comment

jharrwyojust down the road

jharrwyo

I just got off of the Tower about 4 hours ago and man I'll tell you it was hot. I live about 20 minutes from the Tower and I would love to get in touch with you and see if we can make something work. I just stared climbing this past winter/spring so I dont have a thick book of experience. I have'nt led anything but I am competant enough to belay someone. I've been up Durrance (5.7) Route and( 5.8)Bon Homme to the top. I just went up Everlasting (5.11) and Broken Tree (5.10) today but was'nt able to do it clean. Pretty sweet climb anyhow. Get in touch and let me know. I may know a couple others that you could climb with and they also have more ability.
Posted Jul 21, 2007 7:35 pm

 
Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"This is a one line proof...if we start sufficiently far to the left."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.