SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Joshua Tree - 3/21 through 3/30


happiegrrrl

Posted by happiegrrrl on Mar 10, 2008
Page Views: 412

Activity Details

Dates: Mar 21, 2008 through Mar 30, 2008
Location: California, United States
City or Place: Joshua Tree
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I'm traveling solo, and will be looking for climbing partners.

Mainly, I'm looking for someone to follow on routes, or joining a small group, though I will consider other scenarios. I lead 5.5 at the Gunks, but have only led 3 climbs so far at JTree, all under 5.3, and so don't feel comfortable yet being the 'leader of the day.'

I follow up to 5.8 clean onsight, and happy to try 9's. Happy to also belay slave(to an extent) on harder routes that I won't be able to climb, if what I will get out of the deal is a few chances to try and a day with someone who knows the more off-beaten-track areas of the park. But - If you are looking to work routes to death while someone holds the rope....I'm not up for that.

This will be my 8th trip to the Tree, so I have a pretty good sense of the place. I'm also interested in photography, and though I am not all that great, would like to do some day hike as photo safari into the back country. If you boulder/climb obscure places, or are looking for the hike itself, and would like a (very amateur) photog along - I may be interested.

PM me if you have interest or questions. Thanks.

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"At either end of the social spectrum lies a leisure class."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.