SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Mount Blackburn "Northwest Ridge" -Alaska


Reddz95

Posted by Reddz95 on Sep 16, 2008
Page Views: 598

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
Location: Alaska, United States
City or Place: Alaska, US
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

A group of four of us are planning to attempt a summit of Mount Blackburn in Alaska, early summer of 2010 via the Northwest Ridge. With that being said, we also plan on continuing our training/prep in Canada and CO this upcoming spring. While we're proficient and capable climbers, the remoteness of this peak along with the lack of solid route info and conditions makes it clear that linking up with a few more experienced wilderness climbers who wouldn't mind sharing the lead on some of the pitch would prove a bit more practical from a logistics/safety standpoint.

With roughly about 50 teams ever making it to the summit, we are really looking forward to tackling a climb "off the beaten path" so to speak. If anyone out there is interested in this, we've left plenty of prep time to plan for this climb, likewise three of us including myself have already been to and climbed a smaller peak in this range for three long but amazing weeks last July.

So if anyone out there looking for a unique challenge cares to join our crew, feel free to drop me a line, logistically speaking we have most of the prep/transportation/gear sorted, just looking for few more partners.

-Raphael

Bit of info on the Peak below..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Blackburn

Comments

Post a Comment

smarstonBlackburn

smarston

Raphael,
Check your inbox.
Steve
Posted Oct 7, 2008 4:50 pm

hendrickvpAwesome

hendrickvp

Love it! Message me with a bit more info about the team. If I will make a good fit I'd love to be apart of your team.
Posted Dec 16, 2008 1:53 pm

davehartblackburn info from 1995

davehart

I climbed the northwest ridge in 1995. Happy to help with info if you need. Dave Hart - Anchorage
Posted Jan 14, 2009 11:43 pm

 
Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"It's only funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious."   --Bill Hicks   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.