SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Mt. Hood - South Side


nscherneck

Posted by nscherneck on Jan 29, 2014
Page Views: 594

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
Location: Oregon, United States
City or Place: Hood, Mount
Skill Level: Beginner
Categories: Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I'm an experienced rock climber with years of trad and some big wall experience (Yosemite and Zion Grade V's). I'm semi-new to the Portland area and want to start getting up some glaciated peaks. I'd like to start with the South Side route on Mt. Hood. It would be great to go up with someone with more experience, but I'm not opposed to partnering with another beginner, going over some basics, and heading up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Forrest77Hood

Forrest77

I am doing my first ascent of Mount Hood on Saturday night, June 14, with my son. Interested in comparing notes and joining?

-Forrest
Posted Jun 12, 2014 2:48 pm

RobertDangerByrdPotential Climbing Partner

RobertDangerByrd

Are you still looking for a climbing partner? I'm a Highpointer and Hood is still on my list. My climbing blog is at www.robertdangerbyrd.com
Posted Jun 19, 2014 6:43 pm

SchwartzOnSnow and Ice

SchwartzOn

I grew up with the Sierra Nevada as my backyard. Have summmited most 14ers there, most technical the fourth class standard tour of Mt Williamson. I ski mountaineer, and have skied Mt Shasta wintun from the summit, as well as climbing Mt Baker, Coleman Demmings route. That's the most I've done on a glacier, but I did find Mt Hood a walk up on the West side route. I'd like to do some of the tougher glacier routes on Hood, and Adams as well. Lots of snow still on the glaciers. Let me know if you've got some free time, and we can hook up.
Posted Jun 25, 2017 4:27 pm

 
Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Remember that behind every sleazy lawyer is a sleazy client."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.