SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

My Sierra Challenge


MichaelJ

Posted by MichaelJ on Nov 15, 2006
Page Views: 1581

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
Location: California, United States
City or Place: Lee Vining
Skill Level: Advanced
Categories: Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

No disrepect to a certain manic day hiker who may have copyrighted this phrase, but the Sierra Challenge wasn't exactly my cup of tea, what with the hiking to scrambling ratio being akin to the male to female ratio in Alaska. Most of the peaks meant nothing to me either.

So I'm proposing a challenge of my own, one that combines mountain faces I've looked long and lovingly at for some time with technical thresholds that will keep the excitement level at fever pitch.

The idea: three peaks, one week, the easiest route 5.10b.

The details: The Third Pillar of Dana, the Red Dihedral on the Incredible Hulk, the Harding Route on Conness.

When: I'm starting the 2007 season in South America but expect to be back in California by late July and would be free to take off for a week anytime thereafter.

Anyone interested?

Comments

Post a Comment

mow10Now this sounds fun

mow10

What about Moon Goddess/SunRibbon/Dark Star trifecta to start! If I have whooped myself into shape by late summer I'm in. You just named three climbs I have had my eye on but have not had competent partners with compatable schedules to get going on them. I note you are in SA till July...have fun and keep me up as we should meet sometime after your return.
Posted Feb 24, 2007 8:33 pm

MichaelJFun

MichaelJ

Those Temple routes sound tempting too. I'll pm you.
Posted Feb 28, 2007 12:01 am

MichaelJOne down...

MichaelJ

The 3rd Pillar was just too tempting that I had to do it when 120 opened.
Posted May 28, 2007 2:58 am

 
Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Talk - action = zero"   --Steve House   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.