SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Nepal 'trekking' peak


tseren

Posted by tseren on Nov 24, 2012
Page Views: 561

Activity Details

Dates: Mar 7, 2013 through May 5, 2013
Location: Nepal
City or Place: Nepal
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Mountaineering, Skiing
Partner Status: Need Partners

Description

My name is TJ Seren. Im a 27 y/o male looking for a partner for some climbing in Nepal. I will be there from March 7- may 6. I do not have a partner as of now and therefore have not decided which 'trekking' peak i want to get a permit for. i would like to climb somewhere in or near the everest region, since i didnt make it out that way last time i was in nepal, but i am open to most anything. If I am going alone, i will only be able to afford a group B trekking peak, and will be climbing something very straightforward and non-technical. if i can find a partner or two or three to split the permit costs with, then i am open to a group B or A trekking peak and something a bit more challenging/technical. Another idea i had was to try to bring my split snowboard and do some ski mountaineering on mera peak. I have been snowboarding for the past 15 years, with 12 of those being primarily in the backcountry. I have been riding my splitboard for the past 6 winters. If these plans sound good to you and you need a partner, let me know!! hope to hear from my new climbing partner soon!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Climbing/snowboarding skills & experience:
- completed a NOLS mountaineering course in the indian himalaya in 2008
- 20 years of hiking and 7 years of alpine climbing & scrambling experience in the north cascades of Washington state.
- AIARE level 1 & 2 avalanche certified
- safety concious

*please only respond if you have atleast a basic foundation of mountaineering skills and are a safe, thoughtful climber.

Comments

Post a Comment

mohduMera Peak

mohdu

Hi, I intend to climb Mera peak between March 16th- April 10th using a company based in Nepal ( Project Himalaya).

how are you planning your trek?
Posted Nov 26, 2012 3:29 am

ayebeeIsland peak
Hi,
I'm planning to climb Island peak sometime in June (second week maybe?) - I've spoken with a company in Nepal and their rates are the cheapest I could find.
I'm in a crunch for time and the shortest trek I could find in the Khumbu region was this 15 day Island peak option.
I'm not into skiing / snowboarding or anything; just the regular climbing.
Posted Nov 26, 2012 8:10 am

gaetan67open to suggestions!

gaetan67

Hey TJ Seren,

i just read your message and i'm actually looking for a partner too for a few weeks now! and it's not that easy ;)

i'm going to new zealand in a month and afterwards plan to come to nepal for the second time,indeed i already visited the annapurna and khumbu regions 2 years ago!

i should arrive early march until late april!!
i was initially considering doing the "trekking" between tumlingtar and lukla through the makalu BC and 3 high passes (close to mera peak), but it's too expensive only for me.
have you heard of this trekking?

otherwise i would be open to consider other options like trekking peaks, A or B...but i don't want to do something too popular or crowded!

where are you from by the way?
i'm french, but i've been living in aussie for 2 years ;)

here's my email: jacquart.gaetan@gmail.com

hope to hear from you soon!!
see ya
Posted Jan 2, 2013 1:59 am

gaetan67great

gaetan67

Hey TJ,

good to hear from you!
You're the first one to reply to me for the nepal ;)

I would be very interested by this project, and what a good idea to try climbing summits on the way.
Though i think it'd be hard to do it without porters and guide...indeed we'll be several days far from lodges and villages,
then how do you want to carry all the food and equipment, unless you're keen to carry a 30-35kg backpack?!

I mean i'm like you i want to save money, but it's just that i don't want to ruin my back, and still want to enjoy the trip!
I'm having a contact with a reliable agency, would you like me to send you the price for this project?

About the dates, i could be in nepal early march until mid april roughly...would that suit you?
By chance, would you be keen to climb trekking peaks as well? Any ideas or preferences?
It'd be probably more doable and cheaper if we don't want to hire guide/porters.

Talk to you soon!
Gaetan
Posted Jan 6, 2013 10:27 pm

 
Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"The mountains are calling, and I must go."   --john muir   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.