SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

New Routing/First Ascents in UAE


Posted by hatman on Jan 15, 2014
Page Views: 530

Activity Details

Dates: Feb 1, 2014 through Mar 1, 2014
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Seeking partner for new routing/1st ascents. For the whole of February I will be heading back to the United Arab Emirates to continue adding to my 125 new routes there. I have been developing routes (and even new areas) there for the past 4 winters. My partners are always working and so are haphazardly available - usually only weekends. That's really frustrating when all I want to do is jump on a route and keep working it. Or go explore another area. Or do other people's routes. Or just have a companion that doesn't have to head back to Dubai at the end of the day! Thought this website might give a new spin on the old problem of a regular partner. If you don't mind camping, campfires, starry nights with no light pollution, and a very different environment, for at least some of the time (travelling to hotels and friends' accommodation can be sewn into the experience) - and of course Dubai is always entertaining, then let's sort out how to make it happen. Of course you don't have to be there the whole month - I realise some people have work commitments and real life!!! LOL. Get in touch! For your fullest enjoyment I would suggest you are comfortable following from 5.8 to 5.10c or d (trad and sport). There are many amazing lines ready to be climbed - if you also lead you can have your pick as I am a very accommodating belayer too. I am also certified on 2 continents (Europe and North America) as a rock instructor so if you don't lead yet but are inspired to, I can teach you a safe progression to lead...

Now for the cherry! I am doing one of my bucket list entries with a couple of climbing buddies and would welcome more people on the trip. If you are solidly comfortable on 5.10c trad, happy to endure 18 pitches of incredible granite, and are inspired to go on one of the worlds' best climbing adventures (Steck and Roper's 50 best climbs in North America, and in Tommy Caldwell/Beth Rodden's opinion in their top twenty), give me a holler. Intending to do the 'real' adventure option of rafting into it, climbing, rafting out. We should climb together well before the adventure just to make sure we're on the same page! Get in touch.

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don’t need it."   --Bob Hope   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.