SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Newbie Seeking Partners and Instruction


nwhitcomb

Posted by nwhitcomb on Feb 11, 2008
Page Views: 1237

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
Location: California, United States
City or Place: Orange
Skill Level: Beginner
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Just got back from a semester in New Zealand, where I got my first taste of mountaineering climbing a 900 meter peak with one pair of crampons and fifteen feet of rope to share between my partner and I. Now that I'm back I'm looking to do a lot more mountaineering and learn how to do it properly, so if you're going on any trips in the Orange County/ LA area in the near future I'd love to tag along.

Comments

Post a Comment

justinjohnsenNewb snow practice
Hey,

As another novice snow climber, I'm organizing a practice on March 2nd from Manker Flat (a Mount Baldy area trailhead). I have it listed on OutdoorsClub.org, but you don't have to sign up there if you don't want, just drop me an email.

Justin
Posted Feb 12, 2008 4:39 pm

MountainGoatMicNewb

MountainGoatMic

Hey, I have been looking for people to hike/backpack with too. I am also interested in getting into climbing. Up to this point however, I have only been indoor climbing with someone belaying me. Let me know if you have any excursions planned and need a partner! Hopefully we can find some more newbs!

Michelle
Posted Mar 3, 2008 10:24 pm

itpimpsAvid backpacker

itpimps

If you are still looking for partners, I'm an avid backpacker, indoor climber and just started getting into the mountaineering scene as well. This past winter I really started to get into it with crampons, snowshoes and all of that good stuff. I plan to head to Rainier next spring so I'll definitely be in the mountains between now and then!
Posted Jul 6, 2008 11:31 pm

hovieHi

hovie

I am also around the same area and age as everyone else who posted. Keep me posted if you guys get together or email me if anyone needs a partner any weekend. I'm up for anything as long as its challenging.
Posted Nov 30, 2009 2:39 am

 
Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, which is the most horrible thing in the world."   --Oscar Wilde on Absinthe   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.