SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

north cascades national park stehekin area peaks


jyojt

Posted by jyojt on Dec 7, 2009
Page Views: 454

Activity Details

Dates: May 15, 2010 through Oct 31, 2010
Location: Washington, United States
City or Place: Stehekin
Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering, Social
Partner Status: Will accept Partners

Description

i am a beginner alpine climber who has done a couple of volcanoes and a few non-volcano peaks in the cascade range. i am looking to get into some intermediate climbs and would welcome people who are comfortable leading.
i spend my summers in the stehekin area of the north cascade national park service complex. in the summer of 2010, i will again be in stehekin. i know that stehekin is very remote and inaccessible and that were i can offer assistance. i can do most of the planning and logistics on my end and all you would need to do is get here, bring your expertise, and your gear. after you arrive in stehekin, i can take care of transportation, i can obtain permits, and whatever else needs to be done in advance, so that all you would have to do is get off the boat or plane, load your gear in my car and we would be off.
that is one of the nice things i have to offer is transportation. for those of you that know the stehekin area, you know that the primary mode of transportation is shuttle bus, that means you have to plan around it. also the last stop for the bus is high bridge, but the road continues on for another 3 miles to the old wagon trail road that we could just drive to instead of doing the extra 1hr+ walk. also having a vehicle means more time in the mountains, because we don't have to get back to high bridge in time to catch the shuttle bus to get back to the boat.
i will have 4 days off at a time, usually every ten days if i work for the resort. if i work for the park service i will have 3 days off in a row every week. so far i do know that i can work for the resort for sure, but i am waiting to see if i will get to work for the park service. there is a very good chance that i will work for the park service as they have been trying to get me to work for them for some time, but i ain't counting my chickens yet. as soon as i find out, i will start planning trips; probably around march. in the mean time, i am doing some preliminary planning. some of the peaks i would like to do this summer are buckner, boston, forbidden, goode, logan, bonanza, sahale, storm king, agnes, and mcgregor(coupled with a cross country route to rainbow lake via the sandalee glacier then down purple pass).
if you are interested go ahead a drop me a line. i am also open to suggestion, so if you have any interesting ideas go ahead and tell me. thanks for you interest and have a great day.

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Every poet is a thief."   --U2   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.