SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Pumori - Nepal, March 2015


Posted by Mchiurri on Oct 29, 2014
Page Views: 308

Activity Details

Dates: Mar 1, 2015 through Mar 31, 2015
Location: Nepal
City or Place: Nepal
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Hiking, Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Need Partners

Description

Hi All,

I am looking for a partner to climb Pumori with me in the month of March 2015.

Elevation: 23,494 feet (7,161 m)
Prominence: 4,193 feet (1,278 m)
First ascent: 1962
Mountain range: Himalayas

I will be hiking in from Jiri to help acclimatize but am open to flying back from Lukla if you are short on time. I have From March 1 to April 5th, you would need at least the whole month of March.

If you are not familiar with the area Pumori has the same hike in as Everest and we split at Gorak Shep. (Don't use the map in this post it refuses to go anywhere but the center of Nepal) We will share all costs besides flight. I have all my own personal equipment (to be discussed in more detail) and I would expect you to have yours including tent as we will need two.

I'm 30 years old and have traveled extensivly over the last 6 years, I currently live in Boston with ample training opportunities in the Northeast. I climb rock, ice and hike on a regular basis.

I plan to carry all our supplies without the use of Sherpas and I do not intend to use fixed ropes. The climb itself involves roped travel, possibly minimal ice climbing (18 foot section). Experience of mountaineering is a must but obviously you don't have to have done something as significant as this already as the highest I have been is 6,000 Meters (20,000ft) and I think if you have done something similar we will be fine. There is a lot more that would need to be discussed but just let me know if you have interest and we can talk further. Also I would be happy with up to 4 people including myself so not limited to a single partner.

Mark Chiurri
978 868 8176

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"The dynamics of capitalism is postponement of enjoyment to the constantly postponed future."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.