SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

rush lake trek


saleh

Posted by saleh on Jan 22, 2018
Page Views: 193

Activity Details

Dates: Jul 3, 2018 through Sep 4, 2018
Location: Pakistan
City or Place: Pakistan
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Hiking
Partner Status: Will accept Partners

Description

For anyone who wants to have a first time taste of Himalayan trekking, we recommend the Rush Lake trek in the heart of the Hoper valley. During this trek you will cross glaciers,the most stunning Hoper glacier well known as world 2nd fastest moving glacier at 8cm/week, high meadows and lovely irrigated terraced fields and also have the spectacular view of the mighty Karakoram Mountains from Rush Lake The first sight of the towering Rakaposhi (7788 m.) takes one's breath away. The views get better and better as we approach Hoper the capital of this unbelievable beautiful valley. If there is Shangri-La on earth, then this must be it! trek starts starts from Hoper valley. This is where the snout of the famous Barpu glacier meets another glacier called: Bualter. Hoperkuts (people from Hoper) believe that glaciers are either male . Each glacier exudes its own gender qualities and when male and female glaciers meet they give birth to a baby glacier! After two or four days of trekking we will reach the beautiful Rush Lake. We will have ample opportunity to rest in this awe-inspiring place and to take in the fantastic mountain panoramas. The appeal of this particular trek is the stunning combination of Thamo basa ruins,view K- 2 from Rush peak, Biafo and whole Karakorum range the magnificent mountains, exotic vegetation and extraordinary ecological variety. The trail goes over high passes with unforgettable views, through forest,ice,white glacier, and finally into subtropical vegetation Our return to Hoper is via another route down the Barpu Glacier a round trip each and every step is new .After back at Karimabad Hunza you will have time to do some shopping and sightseeing in a bazaar of an ancient mountain kingdom.Visit to Baltit Fort 800 years old fort. From here you will drive back to Gilgit .or go to Attabad Dam and continued journey to PAKISTAN / CHINA boarder visit National park in just another two days.
Except for one day, it is a green and moderate trek, recommended for first time trekkers, following the northeast stream flank of the Barpu glacier along a flat, fertile ablation valley, where large herds of goats and cattle graze among tamarisk and willow woods in summertime. In Karimabad we will board 4x4 soft-top jeeps and turn towards east for Nagar. Nagar was first settled in 7th century by people from Baltistan, who came over the Hispar Pass (5150 meters). After Nagar we will have seven days walk to reach Rush Lake and back to Karimabad. We also spend two days in upper Hunza(pakistan/china boarder in this trip. We end our trip back in Hoper and back to Islamabad

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







""

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.