SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Ski-Mountaineering/Wind Rivers/Gannett/Fremont


SaintElias

Posted by SaintElias on Jan 18, 2013
Page Views: 413

Activity Details

Dates: Jan 30, 2013 through Feb 14, 2013
Location: Wyoming, United States
City or Place: Gannett Peak
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Skiing
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I am looking for an experienced ski-mountaineer to join me on an extended ski-mountaineering trip into the Wind River Mountain Range of Wyoming, consisting of: Approx. 50 miles of skiing, round-trip from the parked car, to the base (Titcomb Basin) of the peaks to be climbed, and back to the car. The peaks to be climbed are Gannett Peak (13,809 ft) and Fremont Peak (13,602 ft), along with some exploring of the the surrounding area, East and West of Titcomb Basin; the planned trip in the wilderness will be 14 days in length. The skiing will begin about 5 miles below Elkhart Park (this is as far as the road is plowed of snow) this point of departure is located several miles outside of Pinedale WY. The area that the trip takes place is the vast, remote wilderness area of the Bridger Wilderness.
I will be starting the drive from Yakima WA; arrangements can be made for a meeting point. I am willing to drive my car, with the sharing of gasoline expense.
I am looking at leaving Yakima WA on January 30th and returning on February 14th.

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."   --Ernest Hemingway   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.