SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Winter climbing in the Alps


LT89

Posted by LT89 on Sep 26, 2008
Page Views: 719

Activity Details

Dates: Jan 4, 2009 through Feb 1, 2009
City or Place: Chamonix
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Ice Climbing, Mountaineering
Partner Status: Need Partners

Description

I'm looking for anyone who is up for some Alpine, ice and mixed climbing in the Alps, in january '09, and who wants to team up. I greatly prefer to go to Chamonix because I know the area well, both in the valley of Chamonix and the town of Chamonix, as the mountains above the valley and towards Italy. I know all the mountains in the Mont-Blanc Massif, the vast majority of routes on it and their grades, and most of the refuges as well. I have all the gear for technical ice and mixed Alpine climbing, a big rack of ice-screws, cams, nuts/hexes, schlings, ropes, a two person high altitude mountaineering tent, ultralight gas stove and cooking set and anything else necesarry. I also have a 10.5mm 50 meter single rope and will have a new dry treated 7.5/8.5mm 60 meter double rope. So, if you fancy doing some winter climbing Alpine style on a bunch of the dozens of couloirs in the Massif, or some waterfall climbing in the Argentiere bassin instead, I would love to team up with you! If you're already with someone or even several other people, but wouldn't mind another person joining the group, I'd love to team up as well!

Comments

Post a Comment

wrl207climbing partner

wrl207

Sounds great. I have two or three weeks free in January, and wanted to climb in the Alps. I am an American climber with intermediate rock and alpine experience. I just started to ice climb last winter. Have a rack (cams, nuts, hexes, etc.), a few ice screws, ropes (9.8 single, 8.6 doubles), expedition tent. If you'd like to climb send me an e-mail, and we can discuss details. bill.lucia@gmail.com
Posted Oct 15, 2008 4:35 pm

BigLeeHello

BigLee

If you're still looking for someone then drop me a line as I'm looking to do something this winter in the Alps. I've climbed plenty of stuff around D/D+. Reckon I'd be fine on TD stuff although not had the partners for it yet. Done plenty of Scottish winter stuff through to first ascents in the Karakoram so a good range. Share the same interests in mixed and ice as well.
Posted Nov 20, 2008 3:30 pm

 
Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.