SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Climbing Partners around Portland


spaghettified

Posted by spaghettified on Sep 11, 2009
Page Views: 1414

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
City or Place: Lewis and Clark College
Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Skiing
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I just moved to Portland from Boulder, CO, and I'm a student at Lewis and Clark College. I'm looking to get into any sort of mountaineering and outdoor fun possible. The metro area is big and difficult to get out of, but I'm available any weekend for climbing mountains and rocks, or even just walking around.

I'm have some mountaineering experience. In 2008 I completed a NOLS mountaineering course in the Waddington Range in British Colombia. I've done snow climbing around Boulder and climbed 63 of the peaks in that county. This past summer I spent five weeks through hiking the Colorado Trail. I have a WFR cert, have taught skiing for four years, and am looking for anyone who wants to go outside.

I'm also representing my friend Zoe Glas, who has the same interests. She's worked in search and rescue for four years and has done multiple rescues, has completed two three-week outward bound courses, and generally knows what she's doing. We'd both like to learn more about ice climbing and leading on rock, as well as get more experience on the volcanos.

Best,
Benjamin Hoffman

Comments

Post a Comment

whoiswillhockettWelcome to P-Town

whoiswillhockett

Hey Ben (and by proxy Zoe),

I'm in Portland, sounds like you've got some pretty good experience levels. I'm looking for people to do some winter alpine climbs with. I spent the summer doing climbs in the cascades, and want to keep it up.

shoot me an email hockettw at gmail.com

Cheers,

W!ll
Posted Oct 27, 2009 4:19 am

jessbeeHi!

jessbee

I like to keep busy outdoors all year round and I am always looking for new partners. I spend off-season climbing rock indoors at the PRG and try to get out every weekend into the snow for climbing or snowshoeing, or lower elevation hiking, depending on weather, time, etc.

send me a message if you're interested in getting out.
Posted Nov 22, 2009 4:14 pm

 
Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Ninjas aren't dangerous. They're more afraid of you than you are of them..."   --The Tick   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.