SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Glaciers of The Patagonian Ice Field in packrafts


jwu

Posted by jwu on Oct 27, 2010
Page Views: 402

Activity Details

Dates: Feb 5, 2011 through Mar 12, 2011
City or Place: Glaciers Andres and San Quintin
Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Hiking, Other
Partner Status: Will accept Partners

Description

Call for adventurers and expeditionaries.

For February 2011 I am preparing another exploratory packrafting Patagonian expedition to glaciers of Northern Patagonian Ice Field. This time the goal is to explore the area of Andres glacier (and also San Quintin glacier). Area of Andres glacier is pretty much unknown. The last and only expedition to the area took place in the seventies and was jointly organized by British military and Chilean navy. Pakrafts will make this area accessible to adventurers with much smaller logistic backing than a navy. This is a truly trip to unknown. We will not see footprints of other humans for a month - only Patagonian Andes, rivers, fjords, jungle and glaciers. This is pretty much as far into wilderness as you can get on the planet these days. Please see attached map for the planed route and a couple photos from my previous expeditions to the area. I am planing the expedition to last about one month and take place this austral summer. Care to join me?

More info and contact at www.antofaya.com

Jarek.
Antofaya Expeditons





Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish."   --Walter Sobchak   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.