SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Hiking/Mountaineering Partner


Ryan202

Posted by Ryan202 on May 2, 2010
Page Views: 554

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
City or Place: Herriman
Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering
Partner Status: Need Partners

Description

Still sort of new to SLC. I've climbed Rainier in July 2008, but that's all the experience I have (did BF Twins 7/31/10...finally). It would be more fun (and I'd feel better) going with someone than on my own. I want to climb in the Wasatch, the Uintas, check out canyons, almost anywhere.

Comments

Post a Comment

ApexrockInterested

Apexrock

Hey, I've just began getting into a lot of the local hiking and climbing since around February this year. I'm currently a college student at Weber State, and am living up in Layton. I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to peak bagging, but am very interested in doing more. Have experience above 11,000 ft, and am in shape to do a lot of the Wasatch climbs. If you're interested in hiking anytime soon feel free to send me a message.
Posted May 4, 2010 5:32 pm

apachedinoWanna climb

apachedino

PM'd
Posted Jun 5, 2010 10:38 pm

achillesgallahadHiking and Climbing

achillesgallahad

I go out most weeks of the year, all over also. I do hikes and peaks- sometimes just easy short walks and some hard stuff with overnight camping. I do the Wasatch and am getting into the Uintas. 26, pretty easy going. If I sound alright send me a message back. Let's see in the next few months I want to specifically do The Cathedral and Mt Beulah in the Uintas, and also follow Yellowstone Gorge in the Uintas once the fall colors arrive. In the Wasatch I am waiting for the first snowfall to do a traverse and loop of Box-elder Peak near Mt Timpanogos. I want to do Pfeifforhorn this winter as an overnight crampon and ice climb too. If any of those sound interesting, let me know.
Posted Aug 5, 2010 6:16 pm

achillesgallahadStansbury Range

achillesgallahad

You are pretty close to the Stanburys too. You might want to look into the Deseret Peak Loop- its nice in spring and summer for wildflowers or after a few snows.
Posted Aug 5, 2010 6:17 pm

PowderfinderOquirrh Range

Powderfinder

I've always wanted to board Lowe Peak, if you're interested, pm me
Posted Nov 12, 2012 5:40 pm

 
Viewing: 1-5 of 5


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."   --Henry David Thoreau   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.