SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Long's Peak Keyhole Route


Posted by michelleprall on Jul 18, 2014
Page Views: 437

Activity Details

Dates: Aug 22, 2014 through Aug 31, 2014
Location: Colorado, United States
City or Place: Colorado, US
Skill Level: Beginner
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Need Partners

Description

My bucket list includes climbing Long's Peak. I climbed it years ago when the cables were still there :). I've done quite a bit of research and I think, with the right person, I can make it up the Keyhole route.

I'm going to be in Estes Park from 8/21/14 for two weeks. I am looking to pay someone to guide me up this route. The day has to be somewhat flexible, since I want to spend a few days getting acclimated to the altitude and try a few hikes in the park. I was out there last year and went to Chasm Lake. Now, please realize that I'm very much aware that there is a BIG difference between Chasm and the summit :). But I'm listing that just to point out that I did a bit more than hike up to Bear Creek, for example :)

If you are interested in me hiring you for this, please message me and we can start working on details. I do prefer someone who has climbed this route before but that isn't necessarily a deal breaker. I will bring the willingness, the drive, and my own personal motivation to accomplish this -- I need someone who will be patient and understanding, though, because I am new to this and I am not in my 20's anymore, lol! I am starting "boot camp" Monday so I have a month to get in the best cardio shape I can be and also to get my legs strong, so that will be an advantage :)

Thanks,
Michelle P. from Iowa

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"An unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.