SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Looking for activity partners in Idaho Falls


mfox79

Posted by mfox79 on Jan 2, 2007
Page Views: 1621

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
Location: Idaho, United States
City or Place: Idaho Falls
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Gym/Training, Hiking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Social
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I am moving to Idaho Falls at the end of January, I am new to the area and looking to find people interested in Climbing, Snowshoeing, peak Bagging and even gym climbing till the cold season ends. I have all my own gear and then some. I am on my second Year of trad and lead around 5.7/5.8 but want to improve.

Comments

Post a Comment

manleyLooking for activity partners in Idaho Falls

manley

Hi!

I too, just moved to Idaho Falls this year and I am interested in finding partners for rock climbing/backcountry skiing/peak bagging. Currently, I am comfortable leading up to 5.9 sport climbs and want to learn trad climbing. I do not know the area very well, and it would be great to get out sometime.
Posted May 7, 2007 9:45 pm

jasonkotenkoLet me know
Hey if you are still looking for people to hit the mountains with, I just moved to the area. I'll be in an out while I complete my relocation for the next month, but after that I'll be here working full time with every other Friday off, and I want to be out in the mountains every weekend.

So far I've gone up Diamond and Borah, and camped near Hyndman, camped near Castle Peak, and hiked in the Tetons. I don't have any climbing gear or experience, but desperately want to get into it. Will be getting shoes and a harness soon, but I need people to help me out with learning.

I'm really interested in doing winter camping and ski mountaineering in the winter, so if you or anyone else reading this is into that or wants to get into it, let me know. I'll be building up the gear I need over the fall, and building fitness with lots of ridiculously long and strenuous hikes.

Carpe diem,
Jason
Posted Jul 15, 2007 4:07 pm

smithdc272009 plans for 12ers?

smithdc27

I'm interested in doing any of the 12er's (besides Borah and Diamond)
Posted Jun 28, 2009 1:52 am

hikingbellastuff to do Winter 2010

hikingbella

Hello Mfox :)-

Have you started making any plans for now into the winter? I'm planning on snow shoeing out and around Scout once we have snow.

bella
Posted Nov 7, 2010 1:46 am

 
Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







""

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.