SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Ptarmigan Traverse (Modifided)


samckernan

Posted by samckernan on Aug 22, 2011
Page Views: 392

Activity Details

Dates: Sep 2, 2011 through Oct 10, 2011
City or Place: White Rock Lakes
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

So, I was wanting to hike the Ptarmigan Traverse from N to S on a weekend in September. The nine miles of road walking from Downey Creek to where the road is closed annoys me. I've thought that a modified approach might work well.

My thought is to hike to and camp at Yang Yang Lakes on a Friday. The following day, Saturday, hike to the White Rock Lakes and hang out that night. It's not really that far of a hike, so there would be time for some side wanderings. The next day, Sunday, hike back to Yang Yang. Finally, on Monday, hike back out to Cascade Pass and back to the real world.

Most people do the Ptarmigan to climb nearby peaks. Presently, I'm not up to peak thing, I'm just more interested in traveling across the country, taking some pictures and chilling.

I've got the required glacier travel gear and am ready to go any Friday through Monday in September. Anyone interested? PM me.

Thanks

Sam

Comments

Post a Comment

samckernanWanting to do this in 2012 as well

samckernan

Nobody replied last year, anyone interested this year. September or October 2012. Send me a message...
Posted Sep 4, 2012 10:41 pm

 
Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing."   --Sir Rannulph Fiennes   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.