SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Recommend a wild trek/climb in Nepal


Posted by yasirk on May 31, 2009
Page Views: 471

Activity Details

Dates: Oct 16, 2009 through Nov 7, 2009
Location: Nepal
City or Place: Nepal
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Will accept Partners

Description

Hello there,

After 9 years of trekking and toiling in the Karakorams, i'm planning my first trip to Nepal. Ideally, i'm thinking of something over 6000m in the wild (away from crowds) and has a sufficient challange in accomplishing it. I've previously climbed several 5500m+ plus passes in the karakoram and have basic ice climbing experience (not enough to lead, but enough to follow). :)

Mera peak sounds interesting to me right now, but the route looks more like a walk up to the summit. Any comments.thoughts on that? Any alternative ideas?

Regards,
YSK

Comments

Post a Comment

NarcisseYou are right!

Narcisse

Mera is not very technical, but it is a little bit off the main stream trail and the Hinku valley that you have to trek through to get to Base Camp is absolutely beautiful, just like the outstanding views from Mera!

Another option is to go via Thame and Lungden over Renjo La, 5 416m (the best views in Nepal) down to Gokyo, over Cho La Pass and then climb Lobuche Peak 6 119m (lower but more technical then Mera). From Namche to Gokyo you will not meet a lot of tourists, mostly yak caravans coming from Tibet. Then from Gokyo you will off course meet people again - that's Solo Khumbu :) But the trail is awesome and the views are stunning.

Hope you'll have a great time in Nepal!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

~Christina

P. S. If you would stay in Lungden I would recommend you to take a day trip to Arie and continue another 1-2 hours towards the Nangpa La pass. You will have great views from there, with among other beautiful mountains, Cho Oyu!
Posted Jun 3, 2009 5:21 pm

snowlobowild trek nepal

snowlobo

hi , thinking to go mid oct

a) to Qinghait /tibettrek & climb wild places (1 600M + if possible 1 7000m)

b) to Dolpo and climb or ski an "easy" 7000m peak
Posted Sep 21, 2009 9:54 am

 
Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"The most important thing in life is sincerity. If you can learn how to fake that, you're all set."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.