SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

San Jacinto Peak - Cactus to Clouds trail


salmon_lov

Posted by salmon_lov on Feb 4, 2007
Page Views: 477

Activity Details

Date: On Feb 9, 2007
Location: California, United States
City or Place: San Jacinto
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Hiking
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I would be in Beautiful Palm Springs for this early spring time....from 2/8 to 2/11. My plan is rock climbing/boulding/hike over Joshua Tree on Thursday morning...brought my mountain bike as well......Doing this hike on Early Friday morning 2/9 and enjoy the hotspa at resort. Doing century ride on Sat 2/10 and another Joshua Tree fun on Sunday morning...and will sum up my early Feb retreat......So if this also interesting for any my events please feel free to contact me. 626-354-2880 Lili

San Jacinto Peak is the highest peak in Riverside County, California. It is part of the San Jacinto Mountains, and lies within Mount San Jacinto State Park. The peak towers over the city of Palm Springs as well as the mountain community of Idyllwild. The peak is also frequently named Mount San Jacinto. The steep escarpment of its north face, above Snow Creek, climbs over 10,000 feet (3 km) in 7 miles (11.3 km). This is one of the largest gains in elevation over such a small horizontal distance in the contiguous United States.

11 miles to top the tram (From Those guys who used to hike Cactus to Clouds in Outdoors Club) and 6 miles to peak. Close to 19 miles total route when we reach tram station and back down. I could reach Long Valley station within 3-4 hours of climb (maybe less) and an additional two hours to the peak (assume the weather continue to be nice and sunny) and back to tram station with additional 2 hours. Total 7-8 hours. Reach Tram down at 5pm and get on my car...Yes, I'd park my car at Tram parking and ride my bike to Museum and meet you guys up...there would be my plan......

P.S. I hiked on 2/03/2007 took tram up to Long Valley and got a permit. Start to hike around 12 noon. We reach the peak around 2:05pm (with amount of snow...no campons) down to tram at 4:06pm. Plus the group was start out to be very slow at first. However, I think a smaller group could easily make 7 hours of hike and back to tram and have fun in hotspa.....Well, if you couldn't stand the challenge, I don't mind DO it in Solo.........


We would meet over Desert Art Museum at 7am

Desert Art Museum 101 Museum Drive, Palm Springs Ca 92262

Bring swim wear....you might like to enjoy a nice pool and hotspa after hike at my timeshare resort.....Thank you !

San Jacinto Peak

North face of San Jacinto Peak.
Elevation 10,834 feet (3,302 metres)
Location California, United States

Hiking to the top of the Tram is an 8,000-foot climb over 11 miles of rocky terrain commonly known as the "Skyline trail."

Anyone who done this trail and would like to join me on Beautiful friday morning and wouldn't mind the extreme Challenge of hike from Elevation 460 feet to 10,800 feet with a bit fast pace hike. Please contact me ASAP...you might be able to stay at my timeshare the night before the hike? Let me know!


















Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing."   --Sir Rannulph Fiennes   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.