SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Uinta's East Fork of the Bear River Loop


JLarsen

Posted by JLarsen on May 4, 2006
Page Views: 1552

Activity Details

Dates: Jul 20, 2006 through Jul 22, 2006
City or Place: East Fork Bear River Trailhead
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering
Partner Status: Will accept Partners

Description

This will be a 3 day camping trip where the people going will have the chance to summit Mt. Beulah, The Cathedral, Yard Peak, Priord Peak, and LaMotte Peak. The tentative date is set for July 20-22. If this doesn't work for people who want to go PM or Email me.

This hike will consist of starting at the East Fork of the Bear River trail and splitting off to the Allsop trail (Left Hand Fork). From here we will find our way to the base of Mt. Beulah. We will drop our packs and head up the North Ridge route . After returning to the trail we will get our stuff and continue to a camping spot somewhere along the river between Beulah and Cathedral.

The next day we will leave up camp and head down the trail to summit The Cathedral via the Northeast Shoulder. After summiting we will return to the trail, and continue down past Allsop Lake and summit Yard Peak via the Northeast ridge. Once on the peak we plan to then traverse across the ridge, past the Ostler/Priord Pass, summit Priord Peak, then return to the pass and drop down to camp at Priord Lake.

The 3rd day we will pack up and run up LaMotte Peak (highpoint of the trip). We'll then hike out the Right Hand Fork back to the East Fork Bear River Trailhead, and find some grub.

I would like to give a special thanks to Scott Patterson for helping me with the planning of this trip, and of course to Scott Patterson and Joseph Bullough for writing up the mountain and route pages.

Any suggestions: PM or email me, or leave a comment.

Gear

Backpacking supplies mainly. Due to the nature of the trip, a fast and light setup is highly recommended. As people join up we'll work on tents/shared gear. Rain gear is also highly recommended.

Participants

So far:
Myself
Ammon Hatch
Lars Sundwall (not on SP)

Comments

Post a Comment

Travis AtwoodHave fun

Travis Atwood

Hey guys,

I've looked into my schedule and It doesn't look like I’ll be able to come. Have a fun and safe trip.

Travis
Posted Jul 17, 2006 1:08 pm

CougarclimberGotta go

Cougarclimber

guys I gotta go on this trip with you guys.If you can let me know the specs asap it would help alot.This is the perfect time for me to do some last minute summit before I head to Alaska to hit Mckinley.Im so down for this its not even funny.Let me know whats going on asap.Thanks guys.(Oh we gotta hit Timp again.It was way fun)
Posted Jul 18, 2006 6:33 am

 
Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"The dynamics of capitalism is postponement of enjoyment to the constantly postponed future."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.