SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

White Water Rafting American River 7/13 to 7/15


salmon_lov

Posted by salmon_lov on Jun 14, 2007
Page Views: 410

Activity Details

Dates: Jul 13, 2007 through Jun 17, 2007
Location: California, United States
City or Place: North Sacramento
Skill Level: Beginner
Categories: Social, Other
Partner Status: Need Partners

Description

This is Two Rivers and Two Days water-rafting trip. We are either charter a Van or Car-pool to Sacramento stay Camp Lotus and up for two days water-rafting trip over American River South and Middle Forks. Including meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) plus camping over-nights. Total Cost of Rafting $275 per person.

Please send the payment $275 as soon as you sign up! p. o. box 1203 Sierra Madre Ca 91025 Tital LILI NO Cancenlation and NO Refunds!

If we get more than 6 sign up, we'd apply discount for everyone....The more the merrier!

We are planning to leave friday 5pm from Arcadia Public Parking Lot and drive to Sacramento and spend the night at Camp. Bring your camp gears!

INTINERARY DAY 1 Hearty Breakfast. Group meet up with Rafting Company for Boat arrangement. A short mandatory safety orientation. The first day is a 10.5 mile stretch on the South Fork American River on a tumbling run over Class III whitewater with names like Meatgrinder, Racehorse Bend and the world-reknown "Troublemaker Rapid!" Lunch is served on the river at the historical Miner's Creek. At the end of the day, we float back into Camp Lotus in the late afternoon for hors d'ouevres and dinner. After dinner, follow by an entertaining video and slide show of YOUR run through the whitewater. (Optional purchasing video). Relax by the roaring campfire, or rally a second wind and party it up with live music or dancing at the local cowboy bar. Anyone?

ITINERARY DAY 2 Breakfast, follow by departure of first shuttle to the top of the river. We travel to the Middle Fork American chute is like no other whitewater rapid in the world. Carved out by the argonauts, the river is forced through a 15-ft wide slide that ends through a tunnel! run with lunch. We are usually back to Camp Lotus on the second day around 5:00 pm. After rafting-Shower and pack and Head home.

SUMMER RAFTING GEAR
On two day rafting trip on American River, try to think minimalist. Only allow 30lb on water-rafter. The weather in the foothills of California can be as high as 110 degrees. Sunblock, swim suit, shorts, tennis shoes are the basic. Shower facilities are available on the American River at our base campsite at Camp Lotus, so you might want to bring a dry change of clothes, toiletries, hair dryer, etc. for an evening in the local area. See.

We recommend a high SPF for sunblock. Please note that children are very susceptible to sunburns and, also, consider long sleeves and long pants for fair-skin or redheads. Make sure that a pair of "Croakies" or "Chums" are attached to the eyeglass templates to prevent losing them in the rapids.

Extra money for tips for the guides and maybe for a quick dinner before you leave the local area.


OVERNIGHT GEAR
American River or Klamath multiple day trips, think about all the stuff you'll be lugging around and then subtract 75% of it. Shorts and/or bathing suit while you're on the water, so you'll only need a long pair of pants and a shirt during the evening. Keep your toiletries to a minimum. Keep it simple & you'll enjoy yourself even more on California Rafting. On the South Fork American, we have a base camp with all the amenities.

Bug spray is nice, a towel for after your shower, flashlight for walking in the evening, a tent for privacy, a ground cloth, pad & sleeping bag will make you more comfortable on the American River whitewater trips.


Summer Recap on the river::less gear
ON THE RIVER IN CAMP RESOURCES
sunblock
shorts
swim suit
tennis shoes
long sleeves for fair skin
long pants for fair skin
dry change of clothes
sweatshirt or jacket
light weight rain parka
sleeping bag
pad
tent
towel
toiletries
bug juice Patagonia
REI
Target
thrift stores
your parent's old gear!

TIPS FOR RAFTING a word about bugs!
Warning: American River rafting flows through the foothills of California where ticks, mosquitoes and other lovely creatures reside. Please note that West Nile virus has been spotted throughout California so it is important that you recognize the possibility of mosquitoes that may carry the virus. Also, ticks and lyme disease are an issue anytime you are near deer country.

Long sleeves and long pants will help divert the bugs, and do not wear any fragrance or creams that may attract them. Natural remedies and products containing Deet will help you enjoy the outdoors

Call Lili 626-354-2880 if you are interesting!

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."   --Albert Schweitzer   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.