Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Dean

Dean - Jul 8, 2013 5:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Well done

I will post a link to this on the front page. Thanks for the update and your effort in providing this information.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Jul 9, 2013 6:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks!

I have wanted to do Flat Top for a while now but have been reluctant to do so because of the access issues involved. This helps clarify things. Thanks for the info!

kingchas

kingchas - Jul 19, 2014 10:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome

I printed out this trip report and took it with me on the mountain today. It was extremely helpful. Thanks. The only info I would add if others are interested is that it took me 4 hours to reach the summit and 2.5 to get down. It was a slow and steady pace. You might go faster if in better shape than I am.

runbyu1

runbyu1 - Aug 17, 2014 7:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

Glad it was helpful! Congrats on making it!

voxnihili

voxnihili - Oct 3, 2014 3:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks for the info

Thank you for the information; it came in handy.

I think that option two (phase two) ends up on private property. When I went up, there was a sign, maybe a half mile or so from the junction, (along with a couple of trees on either side of the trail that were painted orange) that said that continuing up the trail was entering private property and that trail was not an easement. It looked pretty new - like it had been put up this summer.

I apologize for not getting a picture; I didn't even think of it until I got down.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jul 18, 2016 7:25 pm - Voted 10/10

No Trespassing

Currently the blue line route "new trail" option has NO TRESPASSING and NO EXCUSES signs posted near where the trail re-joins the ridge crest. I went that way anyhow because it's a better route. What a bunch of nonsense.

JohnGolob

JohnGolob - May 30, 2020 1:09 pm - Hasn't voted

May 2020 update

I took the blue route on 5/30/2020 and didn't see any "No Trespassing" sign. But lost the trail a few times so may have missed it.

bdreese2

bdreese2 - Aug 2, 2021 4:51 pm - Hasn't voted

July 2021 Update

I took the blue line and saw several No Trespassing signs once in the woods. The signs were not new. I'm also going to add I reviewed this mountain via both Utah and Tooele County GIS maps. Both indicate, to me, the top of Flat Top is private property. I strongly believe the only legal way to touch the top of Flat Top is via receiving permission. The owner's email can be found through a bit of research. I've requested permission twice. The first time was for August of 2017, I never received a response (and did not hike the mountain). The 2nd for July of 2021 I received permission within 24 hours.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to '2013 Update - How to get to Flat Top & Lewiston' main page